May is Allergy Awareness Month, in acknowledgment of this River Bridge Animal Hospital is offering 15% Off all allergy testing.
Food allergy is the most likely cause of allergic symptoms in animals under 1 year of age.
You may recognize these symptoms: ear inflammation, excessive feet licking, generalized itching, gastritis, and in some cases vomiting and diarrhea. Other clues that your pet may be suffering from food allergies include year-round symptoms and poor response to steroids.
Dermatitis (skin irritation) is the most common symptom for dogs with allergies.
- Intense itching and scratching (pruritis)
- Feet licking and chewing
- Face rubbing
- Hair loss
- Rash, skin abscesses and infection
40% of allergic cats demonstrate similar dermatologic (skin) symptoms as dogs. Cats with allergies will excessively groom themselves, causing hair loss. Some cats may display even more intense irritations such as feline acne, respiratory conditions (asthma, sneezing, nasal discharge, and watery eyes), gastritis, vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Feline acne, eosinophilic plaques or granulomas
- Respiratory conditions including asthma, sneezing, nasal discharge, and watery eyes
- Gastritis, vomiting, and diarrhea
10% off DNA testing during the month of May.
Royal Canin® Genetic Health Analysis™
Your dog’s DNA can tell you a lot.
- DNA testing can reveal the dog’s breed mix Determine the breeds that make up your dog, comparing your dog’s DNA to the unique genetic signatures of more than 250 breeds, types and varieties of dogs.
- Help create a proactive plan for your dog’s health care with more than 130 genetic mutation tests including MDR1 for drug sensitivity.
- Predict your dog’s likely adult weight and size, providing a benchmark you can use to ensure your dog stays at a healthy weight.
- Offer precise nutritional guidelines and feeding recommendations based on your dog’s breed make-up.