We are bringing awareness to Pet Allergies this month by offering 15% OFF all allergy testing.
Does My Pet Have Allergies?
A Food allergy is the most likely cause of allergic symptoms in animals under 1 year of age.
Symptoms Your Pet May Be Suffering From Food Allergies:
- Ear inflammation
- Excessive feet licking
- Generalized itching
- Some cases: vomiting and diarrhea
- Year-round symptoms and poor response to steroids
Dermatitis (skin irritation) is the most common symptom for dogs with allergies.
- Intense itching and scratching (pruritis)
- Feet licking and chewing
- Face rubbing
- Hair loss
- Rash, skin abscesses and infection
40% of allergic cats demonstrate similar dermatologic (skin) symptoms as dogs. Cats with allergies will excessively groom themselves, causing hair loss.
- Feline acne, eosinophilic plaques or granulomas
- Respiratory conditions including asthma, sneezing, nasal discharge, and watery eyes
- Gastritis, vomiting, and diarrhea
If your pet suffers from any of these symptoms, it is best to bring your furry friend into River Bridge Animal Hospital to receive a thorough exam where our vet specialists can determine whether a topical or oral treatment would be best. Give your pet the relief they need! Call us at 561-966-1171 .